The Community Manager will help lead the Open mHealth community by promoting discussion, shared experiences, and collaboration between the clinical, research and engineering communities around methods for exchanging mobile health data to improve the health of individuals and populations.
- Respond to community questions in Github and email
- Maintain and manage the Open mHealth web assets (which include the main website and technical resources) and social media presence. This includes posting on social media: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Write a blog post at least 1x per week talking about new features and announcements relevant to the community. Watch over threads, blogs, and forums while also contributing to them.
- Squash bugs in the Open mHealth code and address issues in Github presented by the community. You’ll either make the corrections yourself, or you’ll work with the community to fix bugs on behalf of the community. You will come up with a process for community contribution.
- Support and grow the global Meetup groups
- Organize and execute a yearly User Summit
- Speak at public events on behalf of Open mHealth and engage with the community in both physical and digital form nationally and internationally.
- Process suggestions, bugs, abuse/spam
- Efficiency – You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time.
- Honesty – You know when you don’t know. You have no problem raising your hand and asking for help either from the community or Open mHealth’s founders.
- Software development – You won’t be coding often but you love to code.
- Knowledge – detailed knowledge about mobile / digital health
- technology-related public relations or marketing, and/or leading an online community
- Have designed / built APIs before
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Know how to market and promote technical concepts both verbally and in written form
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Organization, planning – You are self-managed, know how to prioritize, meet deadlines and define deliverables.
- Communication – You write and speak clearly.
- Teamwork – You will work closely and collaboratively with the founders
- Analytics – You will use Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and initiatives.
- Note that this is a 35% variable limited appointment starting from the date of hire and fingerprinting and background check will be required.