Vecna Cares, a humanitarian technology NGO, seeks an enthusiastic Software Developer who is passionate about making a positive real-world impact in underserved settings throughout the world. You will use your technical expertise across a variety of projects focused on implementing cutting-edge technologies in low-resource settings to create a measurable impact. Current projects include: developing an Electronic Medical Records System for refugee camps and rural health facilities in Kenya, Zanzibar, Haiti, and Nigeria; deploying a web application to monitor safe births in labor wards in Kenya; and developing and implementing a data management system to track athlete data for the Special Olympics. This position relies on a strong software development skillset coupled with a drive for creative solutions to global challenges. The Software Developer is a part of a mission-oriented, dynamic team that is determined to provide leading medical technologies in challenging areas in order to create a measurable impact.
- Designing and developing flexible and scalable Electronic Health Record (EHR) system using OpenMRS for diverse health systems;
- Developing features across the technology stack for rapid deployment and evaluation in the field;
- Collaborating with top UI/UX designers, project managers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance test engineers to deliver robust health system platforms.
- Shaping and aligning the product roadmap with client needs and market opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (or a foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field
- One year of experience as a Software Developer, Computer Programmer, or Fellow building global health information systems.
- Experience with Java, jQuery, SQL, Spring, Struts, and Hibernate to develop full-stack enterprise scaled web applications
- Exposure to an agile development environment using Scrum
- Experience developing OpenMRS
- Level of position based on experience