Pro Bono Net is recruiting for a Product Manager to join our diverse team of attorneys, technologists and community engagement specialists working to expand access to justice. Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit that brings the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations. As a member of our product team, you will work collaboratively to define and prioritize product road maps, manage product development and releases, and help drive new initiatives to respond to emergent needs.
This is a full-time position based in New York City. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including four weeks of paid vacation, and an opportunity to work on innovative initiatives across the country that help thousands of people each year solve life-changing legal issues. To learn more about our projects and partners visit https://www.probono.net/our-work.
- Collaborate with program and technical leadership to develop and maintain the State and National Justice Communities product roadmap, and ensure products are serving programmatic goals
- Serve as product manager for the probono.net and LawHelp platforms, and new initiatives that leverage these systems
- Drive weekly meetings with the technology team to review, analyze and prioritize technical issues, and provide programmatic guidance on new functionality
- Conduct or coordinate user acceptance testing of newly developed features
- Deliver external communications on product updates to field partners and ensure product release notes and administrative documentation is kept up to date
- Conduct demonstrations and trainings to solicit feedback from field partners and help partners learn about and adopt new tools and effective practices
- Collaborate with project managers on preparation and oversight of scope of work agreements with designers and subcontractors, as needed
- Work with field partners, project managers and the technology team on requirements-gathering and scoping new features and initiatives
- Support LawHelpNY team members in a 2020 service design and user experience redesign for LawHelpNY, and incorporate key recommendations from this process with the State and National Justice Communities product roadmap
- Supervise Community Support Associate staff providing HelpDesk, training and documentation support to ensure high-quality support
- Assist with compiling usage data and generating reports to guide strategic vision and development of Pro Bono Net’s products
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience in the product, project management, technology or consulting (or a related field); experience in the legal, nonprofit or government sector strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects from planning through execution
- Experience with issue-tracking, project management and project documentation processes and tools; familiarity with agile software development a plus
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude, including experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS, user testing and UX/UI principles
- Excellent organizational, listening and communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to translate technical concepts into terms that non-technical partners and project managers can easily understand
- A team player with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to achieve project results
- Excitement to understand, learn and guide the development of current and new systems
- Demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector, public interest or social justice arena
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive nonprofit salary and a generous benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, a flexible work environment and other perks. You can expect to work with a collaborative, hard-working team committed to making a positive impact in the world, and opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Product Manager in the subject heading. No calls or faxes please. Application deadline of January 5, 2020, but applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
Pro Bono Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, veterans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.