Pro Bono Net is recruiting for a Tech Project Manager to join our diverse team of attorneys, technologists and community engagement specialists working to expand access to justice. Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit that brings the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations.
As Tech Project Manager, you will be a member of Pro Bono Net’s Technology and Operations team and manage a portfolio of current and new initiatives, including coordinating project road maps, work schedules and resource allocation. You will also facilitate requirements-gathering, scoping and tracking for new tech projects, and work closely with other Pro Bono Net tech and program team members to enable an informed approach to tech project priority-setting and resource management.
- Track, monitor and communicate the progress of multiple PBN tech projects, including budget, deadlines and milestones
- Manage team allocations and resource utilization
- Coordinate development of annual tech road maps and ongoing project schedules
- Communicate with Tech Director and PBN program staff to enable an informed prioritization of projects and highlight potential issues and conflicts
- Assist with client-side gathering requirements and facilitating the design new systems
- Assist with estimating efforts for budgeting purposes
- Prepare contracts and scope of work agreements with technical subcontractors and designers
- Work with Tech Director to prepare required project reports for funders and other stakeholders
- Coordinate effective configuration and use of internal tech project management systems and methodologies (toolsets, standards and quality)
- Identify and drive activities to update and grow tech team skills to prepare it for future opportunities and challenges
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training or experience
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize to manage multiple projects on tight timelines
- Demonstrated experience motivating teams and driving ownership
- Experience coordinating remote teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm, attention to detail and consistent follow-through, including driving consensus across various stakeholders
- Ability to learn and communicate with diverse groups with different needs and facing different restrictions in the legal services environment
- Excellent listening and analysis skills, including summarizing complex technical discussions into plain language write ups for non-technical persons
- UX sensibility or familiarity with UX principles a plus
- Learning aptitude and disposition
- Ability to thrive and be resourceful in a dynamic environment with new challenges to solve
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Tech Project Manager in the subject heading. No calls or faxes please. Application deadline of September 30, 2019, but applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
Pro Bono Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, veterans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.