Benetech is a nonprofit whose mission is to unite two worlds: the social sector and Silicon Valley. We work closely to empower communities, identify needs, and create software solutions for social good while driving positive social change. Our work transforms how people with disabilities read and learn, makes it safer for human right defenders to pursue truth and justice, and connects people to the services they need to live and prosper. We are constantly pursuing the next big social impact. Are you interested in technology and using it to make social good impact? Then you belong on our team!
Currently we are developing:
• A platform for social safety net providers to publish details of their services
• An accessible platform to assist children with intellectual disabilities learn math
• A machine learning platform to analyze millions of videos that assist in the pursuit of justice for human rights abuses
• An accessible platform to help people with disabilities gain information about their rights and report on their daily “lived
Benetech is looking hire a Product Manager for “Service Net” – our platform that connects information and referral services (like 211), municipal agencies and community-based organizations with those that need it. The project aims to make locating a critical safety net service as easy as locating the nearest coffee shop or restaurant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Define and deliver a product vision and strategy
• Document and understand users and their needs, and make sure products meet those needs; plan and conduct hands-on user
testing and apply the results
• Define road map and customer scenarios, turn these into an actionable development backlog
• Work with engineering, UX, and business stakeholders to define solutions to deliver business-specific value
• Work with engineering team to deliver a scalable architecture that not just meets current needs, but considers future growth
• Define, design and analyze metrics that meet funder expectations and can assess and demonstrate success.
• Prioritize between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence.
• Be an expert evangelist and spokesperson for Service Net, Benetech Labs, and Benetech.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA, or equivalent in experience. Analytics/Data Science qualifications or
experience is a plus.
• 4+ years of experience in hands-on product management, product development and in shipping customer facing quality
products, that delivered business impact and customer satisfaction.
• Passionate about working with a community of partners to understand their specific challenges and collaboratively design
solutions that put customer trust and experience first
• Proven history of converting customer insights into tangible product features that customers love
• Self-starter entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited
resources and support
• Good understanding and working experience in technology development best practices (such as, Agile, etc.) and product
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use data and metrics for making assumptions and decisions
• Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations
• Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience presenting to senior executives.