Developing and managing Safecity’s outreach campaigns in neighbourhoods and academic institutions, which entail but are not limited to –
- Facilitating community driven interventions to address hyperlocal issues of sexual violence by aggregating related data through encouraged reporting, focus group discussions, campaign meetings and sessions
- Engaging stakeholders in addressing safety in public spaces to strengthen institutional accountability by building leadership potential of communities and partner organizations
- Training and capacity building of partner organizations to address sexual violence in public spaces through data-supported community-oriented programs
- Conducting awareness workshops with communities, organizations, academic institutions and corporates to address sexual harassment and child sexual abuse, including the legislation.
Volunteer management – Managing, guiding, coaching and mentoring the lead volunteers for the outreach programs.
Communications – Effectively documenting progress of outreach campaigns by creating casebooks and digital material to scale online outreach.
Partnerships and collaboration – Exploring strategic partnerships and collaborating with aligned organizations for Safecity campaigns to strengthen the outreach and impact of our organization to diverse spaces, both on-ground and in the digital space.
We expect that you would be managing:
- 2 Campaigns in the low income communities where you would have to visit each community for a minimum of 2 days a week for 6 months.
- Plan & execute at least 4 events / workshops / safety audits in other communities a month through the Campus Ambassador team.
- Participate in our weekly tweet chat on Fridays at 9 pm
- Be open to multi tasking and taking on new projects as and when the need arises.
- Remuneration – Based on experience