Replate is a tech nonprofit. What does that mean? It means that we are mission-driven and our priority is first and foremost the community organizations and nonprofits we serve with food donations. We’re working to change the landscape of food recovery to improve efficiencies and data tracking. Our technology allows our recipient partners to tell us what they need from us. and allows us to offer a beautiful product interface to our food donor partners. It allows us to be efficient in addressing the social issues of environmental justice and food justice. Do these sound like important projects? Join us!
What will you be doing? As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading Replate’s day to day operations by dispatching and scheduling our Food Rescuer Fleet as well as managing a growing team of Operations and Customer Support Associates. This is an opportunity to be a part of the core operations of a mission-driven organization working on important social issues.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You will prepare and assign scheduled pickups to each driver. The scheduling is arranged the day before and incoming same-day pickups are completed in real-time
- You will manage food rescuer lifecycle from hiring through off-boarding. This includes posting jobs, running background checks, overseeing training, managing day to day communications, and scheduling
- You will run payroll for food rescuers and manage reimbursements.
- You will create a monthly operations report that provides insight for the full team to understand what is going on in the Ops department.
- You will report monthly KPIs.
- You will answer incoming calls from 3rd party couriers, Food Rescuers, and our donor and recipient partners .You will manage the schedules of our caterer partners. This includes utilizing outside platforms.
- You will answer questions and requests via email
- You will onboard new partnerships/projects. This involves outreach to potential donor and recipient partners, meeting to discuss details, assisting with account questions, communicating this information to various stakeholders including Food Rescuers.
- You will work on various cross-departmental OKR projects.
- You will manage and grow the operations department.
What skills do you need?
- 2+ years of management experience.
- You enjoy creative problem solving and are able to prioritize with ease.
- You have excellent customer service skills both over the phone and in writing.
- You genuinely enjoy speaking with people and are able to clearly communicate with different stakeholders.
- Patience and tenacity
- Google Suite
Nice to haves
- Experience with dispatching software such as Onfleet or Tookan
- Experience with applicant tracking systems such as Lever or Greenhouse
- Familiarity with Intercom or Zendesk
- Fluency in Spanish
Replate offers health benefits and paid time off.
Please upload your cover letter and resume to apply. We look forward to reviewing your application!