What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer at Replate, you will be responsible for the implementation of new features and improvements to the Replate website and web app. This includes sign up, the donor dashboard, the recipient dashboard, and internal tooling for the Operations Team. This is an opportunity to be a core part of the technological course of a mission-driven organization and immediately see the positive impact your projects have on your community and the world. Replate has created over 2 million meals to date.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You will design and implement solutions to improve the look and feel of the Replate site.
- Implement scalable automated solutions for our operations team.
- You will write tests for your code before approval.
- You will meet deadlines and the project schedule laid out in collaboration with the product manager and lead software engineer.
- You will communicate obstacles and challenges with the product manager and lead software engineer to find solutions to problems as soon as possible.
- You will spend the time to understand the stakeholders’ challenges you are creating solutions for.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience as a software Engineer.
- Experience building consumer web applications or B2B services.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or experience with other web frameworks.
- You are emotionally intelligent and understand the impact your actions have on others.
- Intellectual curiosity, growth mindset and a desire to influence the products being built.
- You are open to feedback both positive and constructive.
- You are passionate about food waste & food insecurity and strive to make a difference in your community.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with React.
- Familiarity with ERB, Slim and/or HAML.