POSITION TITLE: Scrum Master
DEPARTMENT: Operation & Service Delivery
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for a Scrum Master to provide sound technical communication guidance, software development advice, and professional development assistance to multiple facets of the organization.
- Provide Agile coaching for Scrum teams to ensure the adoption and improvement of Scrum practices, process and desired outcomes;
- Assist in establishing a culture of self-organizing, cross-functional and accountable teams;
- Help those outside the Scrum teams understand which of their interactions with the Scrum teams are helpful and which ones are not.
- Assist teams in identifying, communicating, resolving or escalating impediments and issues;
- Run interference for non-critical unplanned work that may prevent the team from completing their planned Sprint goal
- Schedule and facilitate Scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Sprint Reviews to enable teams to plan and complete tasks based on the highest priority and the teams’ available capacity.
- Utilize appropriate tools, metrics and techniques to successfully guide the team’s progress against the Sprint Plan
- Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of team and leadership retrospectives, ensuring teams effectively prioritize, plan and execute on improvement ideas
- Provide Scrum training for new staff members
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- BS in Information Technology, Business Administration/Management, or 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience including 1-3 years direct experience in a scrum management role
- Experience in, and understanding of, agile methodology
- An ability to lead others, particularly in a growing organization (lead change)
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills,
- An ability to quickly solve problems and make decisions
- An eye for spotting conflict and resolving it immediately
- The ability to receive criticism and use it to grow professionally
- Desire to continuously grow professionally
- A unique ability to teach others and coordinate relevant trainings
- Professional Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Master designation
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!