ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by over 1.4 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more humane and less hostile world for Black people in America. We move members from analysis to action on crucial issues so that we can build the Black political power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Color Of Change was founded in 2005 in response to the realization that during the crisis caused by Hurricane Katrina, as Black people were left stranded on their roofs to die, no one was afraid to disappoint Black people. When government, media, corporations and other decision-makers are not afraid to disappoint Black people, Black communities are negatively impacted and cannot move forward.
The Marketing & Storytelling team creates and leads the brand and content strategy necessary to translate and advance Color Of Change’s values, vision and efforts across a broad set of national influencers and grassroots activists. Through various platforms and mediums, the team is responsible for supporting efforts across the organization to deliver on our main promise: provoking the level and frequency of action from our members and allies that will force target decision-makers to take action, and thereby achieve real-world impact and lasting, systemic change. The team is also responsible for brand management, strategic content development, content distribution, and high-level media relations. Central to the Marketing & Storytelling team’s work is Color Of Change’s Hollywood Culture Project, an initiative designed to change the way Black people (and the issues we care about) are represented in entertainment media and to effectively leverage cultural influencers in support our campaigns.
Working with the Senior Director of Social Media, the Senior Video and Content Producer will be responsible for developing and producing multi-faceted video projects that elevate our issues and messages through smart, counterintuitive storytelling. Our ideal candidate is an innovative storyteller, with a proven track record of making sound editorial decisions, managing production crews and overseeing projects through every phase of production. This person is a self-starter with cross-functional leadership, a high level of accountability, an appreciation for high-quality production, agility to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and a deep understanding of how to translate and execute multiple video projects that speak to various issue areas and channels.
As a Senior Video and Content Producer, you will have an opportunity to work with an innovative, dynamic and strategy-focused social media and content team inside a rapidly growing racial justice organization.
- In partnership with the Social Media and Content team, conceive concepts for rapid response, social-first, motion graphic, documentary or editorial style videos
- Work closely with Senior Director of Social Media and Content to establish editorial agendas for projects
- Manage all production and project administration e.g. budget creation, timelines, casting briefs, release forms and booking travel arrangements
- Produce original video and experiment with new concepts and strategies for engaging audiences
- Execute video projects with different organizational teams, serving as a go-to resource and providing editorial guidance and constructive feedback when necessary
- Ensure quality and consistency of all video content, maintaining brand identity, tone and aesthetic
- Lead on crafting video scripts, in collaboration with internal teams
- Management of asset production and organization
- Coordinate and produce studio shoots and event coverage, including hiring of all needed vendors and consultants
- Provide project breakdowns and budgets
- Track and monitor production costs and reconcile projects upon completion
- Lead on scheduling of studio space with internal and external talent or thought leaders
- Help prep talent and staff leading into productions, including creative briefs, call sheets, final scripts and research on guests when needed
- Responsible for the safekeeping of digital equipment for studio and offsite
- Help source external production companies to collaborate with including directors, photographers, sound artists, cast and editors
- Deep understanding of Color Of Change’s brand style, issue areas and platforms for distribution
- Comprehensive understanding of design and production process, including post-production and motion graphics
- Broad knowledge of politics, culture trends, current events and news
- Fluency in the digital video space
- Complete knowledge and understanding for how to use tools like Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects etc.
- A meticulous eye for detail
- A portfolio documenting a proven track record of experience and skill set
- The ability to prioritize among competing priorities and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators; enjoys working independently, as well as on a team to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated alignment with Color Of Change’s mission and campaigns, and an interest in deepening your commitment to racial justice and building a career in impact
- An entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills across a range of tasks and audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to be a proactive team player and take initiative.
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude.