Every person counts – build technology to deliver impact
Simprints builds innovative technology aimed to help the poorest individuals in the world, and in the most challenging environments on earth, to receive essential services. We work to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development, making sure that every vaccine, every dollar, every public good reaches the people who need them most. We design and develop both hardware and software by applying modern tools and pioneering technology in new, challenging contexts where there is little to no internet connectivity. Simprints is currently on track to reach over 1.4 million people to help them access critical services by 2021.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to shape the direction of two key products at Simprints: our Cloud platform and our Analytics platform. They are 2 distinct squads with their own engineers, but they often work closely together on building systems that can operate at a massive scale (>50m events). The Cloud team is ensuring our backend scales securely and quickly based on our variable throughput. As the Technical Product Manager (along with 3 engineers), you’ll work on fascinating opportunities, such as exposing data services to the different API clients, figuring out ways to deploy the backend flexibly across hosting providers, and building new cloud-based features for our partners.
The Analytics team is leveraging the data we capture to provide actionable insights at scale. As the Technical Product Manager (along with 2 data scientists), you’ll be driving the development of two main products: our internal analytics dashboard and a large-scale computational program we run to help remove duplication and fraud in identity.
You will become an expert in the world of Digital Identity for International Development, tackling major challenges such as ensuring sensitive identity data is secure whilst building a system that underpins all our products and services. You will work in an agile, collaborative team that commits to shipping high quality features and robust design, along with a culture that commits to continuous learning and improvement at its heart. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
- Align the priorities of the business, engineering team, and our partners to develop the product backlog and our overarching cloud & analytics product strategy
- Build deep understanding of our technical infrastructure to design for scale, security, and insight
- Define robust, high quality requirements and testing prior to releases
- Define, analyse, and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Several years experience as a product manager for technical software products (e.g. cloud, data science tools, infrastructure, ML/AI)
- Professional experience as a product manager or engineer working with leading Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) and a microservice architecture
- Demonstrated experience managing your own product backlog and using various insights (e.g. direct customer interactions, data analysis) to build feature improvements from concept through launch
- Strong experience using agile product development methods, joining standups, managing a JIRA backlog, and conducting backlog grooming
- Ability to communicate effectively, build strong interpersonal relationships, and write clear documentation
Bonus points that would help you in this role
- Engineering mindset (worked as an engineer and/or have a computer science degree)
- Experience with common web architectures such as Service Oriented Architectures and REST APIs
- Exposure to technology in an international development context