Role closes – 12:00pm, 15th Dec 2020 GMT (Europe/London)
£42000 – £51400
Cambridge, UK (remote work during the Pandemic)
Build the internal operations needed to achieve global impact
Simprints builds biometric digital identity tools for global health & development, helping ensure that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most. We work across 12 countries with some of the most exciting partners in the sector, from the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to the Gavi vaccine alliance. Our goal is to radically disrupt the inaccurate way we currently track and deliver essential services, instead building a world where every person—not guesswork—counts in the fight against poverty.
We are looking for a VP of Operations who is passionate about building great internal operations: bringing together the people, processes, and culture required to scale impact. From one day to the next you might be developing a new global operations strategy, spearheading professional development initiatives, hammering out ambitious company objectives, or supporting the launch of a new office in East Africa.
We’re looking for a progressive and passionate leader to partner directly with the CEO in making our internal operations world-class.
What are your responsibilities?
Your role is to build and develop the internal infrastructure required to scale impact. It’s people—far more than tech, money, or partners—that will ultimately determine whether Simprints is successful. Therefore we’re looking for a committed leader to make sure we get the right people onboard and support them every step of the journey. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skillset to join a fast-paced start-up environment and take significant responsibility from day one. You’ll directly interface with the executive team and directors across the company, as well as line manage a small operations team. There are three core responsibilities for the role:
Team: Ensure we have the right people with the right skills
- Support hiring managers through best practices and centralised support
- Design onboarding to accelerate employee breakeven point
- Provide training and professional development to fill common skill gaps across the company
- Maximise employee productivity by optimising role definitions to balance team needs with individuals’ preferences
Goals: Help set coordinated goals that drive success
- Implement objective-setting frameworks that create clear goals and expectations
- Measure and monitor progress against objectives
- Drive accountability for agreed-upon targets
Culture & systems: Design systems to cultivate an inclusive, high-performance culture
- Deliberately nurture and cultivate a culture of inclusivity, teamwork, and performance
- Dig deep into the employee journey, and figure out how to make it better
- Work closely with the CEO to optimise organisational design for success
- Drive process improvements to planning and controls
- Build out communication channels to allow for robust decision making
What skills do you need? (in order of priority)
- Process design. To scale, we need smart, intuitive, and human-centered systems that help people achieve their best. A talent for process-design and an eye for systems will be essential. Bonus points if you know what MECE means.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. We work with a diverse range of team members from all over the world, and you need to be able to clearly communicate across functions, disciplines, and backgrounds.
- Empathy. You can listen closely to others, and care deeply about real impact. You’ve got the combination of genuine care coupled with honest straight talk that makes up “radical candor” – building trust from your colleagues
- Change management. You recognise the importance of bringing others along on the journey. While you won’t rely on consensus-based decision making, you understand that the process of gathering input and driving team buy-in is essential for affecting positive change.
- Experience. We are looking for a track record of achievement and a passion for people. Time with forward-thinking operations, HR, or project management functions is a plus.
Please use the following link to apply: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/apgugyej7o