TalkingPoints (talkingpts.org) is an award-winning education technology non-profit on a mission to make it easy for any parent to be engaged in their children’s education, especially in low-income, diverse communities. Parent engagement can drive student success twice as much as a family’s socioeconomic status, yet underserved, diverse families struggle to get involved. We help teachers and parents build relationships, shift mindsets, create communities and understand what effective parent engagement looks like so that students can be better supported in their learning. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market – a multilingual family engagement platform with AI and human-powered two-way translation, and personalized coaching content.
Thousands of teachers are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms, and school and districts across the U.S. are using TalkingPoints for Schools and Districts in their school systems. We’re on track to reach millions of students and their families by 2020 – TalkingPoints is solving a real problem. We have won awards from MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by AT&T, Google, Comcast NBCUniversal, NewSchools Venture Fund, General Motors and Stanford University, to name a few. Learn more.
- As our first dedicated designer, you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to optimize and grow our platform to become what we call Talking PoInts 2.0! You’ll be working closely with a small but supercharged, tightly-knit, mission-driven team, focused on driving user engagement and social impact. You will:
- Research the problems faced by Talking Points users (students, teachers, school administrators, districts) to discover opportunities for improving existing products and creating new experiences that are useful and impactful.
- Understand the business strategy and articulate how proposed designs map to business needs.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering team to create solutions that serve clear business and user needs.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features and products.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation, championing a high bar for design excellence.
- Work with product manager on user research efforts to develop the best designs to serve user needs.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
- You have at least three years of professional experience as a full-time product designer.
- Your portfolio showcases high quality work in user experience and interaction design and ideation.
- You’re a flexible designer who spans the end-to-end design process — from outlining workflows on a whiteboard, sketching wireframes on paper, to putting together high fidelity prototypes.
- You’re capable of iterating quickly, rolling up your sleeves, and being self-directed.
- Your design is driven by a deeply developed awareness of your users and their context, asking “why?” as often as “what?”
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can present designs to and gather feedback from internal teams, executives, and external partners.
- You’re excited to be part of a diverse, collaborative team of product managers, engineers, and other teammates.
- Strong team-player: we work as a small, tightly-knit team and you should be self-starting and motivated to build things
- Scrappy, experimental and excited about a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong commitment to our mission and using technology to make a difference
Nice to haves
- Experience in or empathy with communities we serve (e.g., underserved populations, education, immigration, bilingual and/or multicultural environments)
- Experience working with consumer-facing products
- Strong visual design skills
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com:
- Subject: Product Designer.
- Please include:
- Your resume
- A brief cover paragraph describing your interest and qualifications (this is required – submissions will not be considered without this)
- Your LinkedIn URL