The AI Education Project (AIEDU) is hiring a Curriculum Designer to contribute to the organization’s curriculum design and development functions. This position will report to the Chief Learning Officer.
This is a mid-level support role at a nonprofit education technology startup. You should have prior experience in K-12 standards-aligned curriculum development or instructional design. The position is remote with options to work full-time or part-time. You should be a self-starter who is interested in a career at the intersection of education, technology, and social impact. There are opportunities for professional and compensation growth.
You should be organized, have the ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment, and be able to pivot between multiple design projects. You must be creative, a strong communicator (both written and spoken communication), and able to work independently.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Chief Learning Officer (CLO) to refine the current curriculum offering by developing rubrics, refining assessments, “refreshing” content by adding relevant images, videos, audio, games, etc.
- Create teacher guides and training materials.
- Use GSuite and other ed-tech tools to create original branded learning content (i.e. lessons, case studies, explainer videos, animations, assessments, infographics, project-based tasks, etc.).
- Curate content for future iterations of the curriculum (articles, images, websites, videos, games, etc.).
- Ensure our curriculum is equitable and accessible by aligning content with evidence-based guidelines and standards.
- Meet with educators, administrators, and other mission-aligned stakeholders to demo our curriculum.
- Provide technical support for educators using our curriculum within the Google Classroom and Canvas LMS platforms.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree; alternative certification in education welcome; certifications in instructional design
- 3+ years of experience. Please be prepared to share samples of projects you’ve worked on or curriculum/content you’ve created. Particularly relevant experience includes any roles in the design and development of educational content, products, standards, lesson plans, online courses, etc.
- Background in education, particularly K-12. This could come in various ways such as through volunteering, long-term substitute, educational non-profit, homeschooling, etc.
- Instructional design, curriculum development, and/or content creation experience. A background or strong interest in artificial intelligence, social impact/nonprofits, or technology more broadly (this can include simply reading a lot about the topics). We do not expect you to be an expert in Artificial Intelligence, but we do expect you to learn the basics quickly.
- Strong writing experience, especially the ability to creatively explain complex concepts in a way that is relatable to middle/high school students or general audiences.
- Bonus points for anything EDUpreneurial! Have you ever created your own curriculum or learning program from scratch? Have you worked on committees or teams that designed curriculum or helped write standards? Or have you found an innovative way to teach a tough subject?
About The AI Education Project
The AI Education Project (AIEDU.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that makes AI literacy accessible by providing engaging online curriculum that addresses the general knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the new digital economy. Founded in 2019, AIEDU now reaches 2,000+ students across more than 5 states, and has a growing network of advisors that includes leaders from Google, Disney, Nike, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, UPenn, and the U.S. Air Force. The organization was named a semi-finalist in the University of Pennsylvania’s Education Business Plan Competition, and was selected in 2020 to participate in Fast Forward’s prestigious tech nonprofit accelerator.
The AI Education Project is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that building and empowering a diverse team is a strategic imperative in our work, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.