UniversalGiving™, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is seeking an Administrative/Operations Intern to join our exciting team. This position offers wide exposure in working with multiple business units within the organization, including NGO Services, CSR, Technology Systems, People Management, and Office Administration. We require a well-rounded, multi-talented individual who has a passion for details with a strong ability to execute their work consistently in a professional manner. Ideally, this person thrives in a goal-based, deadline-driven, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
UniversalGiving™ is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% of a donation goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News.
Join UniversalGiving and work closely with the CEO and a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills and insight into social entrepreneurship.
- Diverse support to staff management
- Business-operations planning support
- Assistance with volunteer and team member recruitment and team member
- Basic administrative assistance
- General office maintenance
- Light technical support
- Strong computer skills, including basic knowledge of technology systems, proficiency with internet-based research, and intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Preference for working in a fast paced environment
- Works well with deadlines and multiple assignments
- Strong organizational skills
- Responsive to manager feedback, ability to take direction and execute work independently with minimal oversight
- Interest in nonprofit work, international issues, and philanthropy
- Full support of the mission and vision of UniversalGiving™
- Experience working at a unique global, social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Increased understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving™
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday) with possibly some work completed remotely.
- We value our interns and volunteers and take these positions very seriously. For this reason, we ask for a $200 fully refundable retainer to secure your position. This check pays for the your seat in our coworking space, professional training and management guidance that you will receive. Because our interns are such an integral part of UniversalGiving, we implemented this policy several years ago to ensure the accountability of all team members. We return your full deposit on the last day of your internship. Please do not hesitate to contact us with further questions!
UniversalGiving™ is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, MTV.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured inBusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times,The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving has been voted as one the top nonprofits on Great Nonprofits in 2012, and was a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House’s Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
“Working with UniversalGiving has given me the chance to participate in critical aspects of business management and partnership facilitation, which are opportunities that would definitely be off-limits to “the intern” at most corporations. The friendly and ultra-supportive executive team here wants their interns to contribute to the main goals and aspirations of UniversalGiving in important ways and helps them to do so, which is what makes working here so rewarding and fun – so fun in fact, that I will continue to be a part of their team even after leaving the San Francisco office!”
UG Representative at Princeton University, Summer Intern
UniversalGiving’s Mission: We Connect People to Top Performing Opportunities Worldwide.
UniversalGiving’s Vision: “To Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life.”
Email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample (2 pages max) to email@example.com with “Administrative and Operations Intern” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.