UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% of a donation goes directly to the cause. Our corporate services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving Corporate provides strategy, operations, and NGO vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Corporate Client Services Associate will focus primarily on serving UniversalGiving’s corporate clients and assisting the management team in advancing the existing partnerships. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to customer service and dedication to cultivating and maintaining relationships with clients. With proven track record, you will be managing the team of Corporate Client Services consultants and interns. This is a great opportunity to work with a very specialized CSR and non-profit vetting team.
- Provide programmatic and administrative support to the team managing corporate client accounts
- Vetting: Perform in-depth due-diligence on corporate clients’ international and domestic grantees for legal, program, and financial compliance based on Quality Model along with corporate client specific requirements; ensure timely and accurate documentation of vetting files
- Assist in refining and customization of due-diligence processes per client requirements
- Train and oversee rotating team of Corporate Client Services consultants and interns
- Assist in the strategic and operational development of existing corporate partnerships
- Provide organizational and programmatic support across business units, including participation in ad hoc projects, note-taking and scheduling
- Retention and satisfaction of clients
- Timely and accurate invoicing and contract renewals
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge and experience)
- Experience in non-profit/CSR sector
- Experience in a collaborative/team based environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience providing customer service
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office; and ability and willingness to learn new tools
- Interest and/or working knowledge of CSR
- Clarity and support of UniversalGiving™ Values, Mission, and Vision
- Professionalism: Is respectful, trusting, has a positive attitude, and has positive execution
- Listening: Attentive and active listener, has patience and ask for clarity if needed
- Action Oriented: Takes direction and implements task from Manager with ease and immediacy
- Process Management: Follows UG manuals, figures out the process with minimal direction
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Mathematical competency, strong critical thinking skills, meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Managing and Measuring Work: sets and meets clear objectives on task or project, meets deadline or communicates well in advance if deadlines will be missed
- Drive for Results: pushes self and others for results, can be counted on to meet goals
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based on a mix of experience, analysis, research, and judgment
- Action Oriented: Ability to take initiative, complete priorities both in and out of business unit
- Understanding Others: Understands various points of view, accepts diversity, can clearly state opposing views
- Composure: Can handle pressure or stressful times, does not become defensive or irritated
- Career Ambition: Demonstrates drive and enthusiasm for position
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the Strategy, Operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, Gap, BHP Billiton, RSF Social Finance, and inovia.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek, Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House’s Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
UniversalGiving’s Mission: To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide.
UniversalGiving’s Vision: “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life”®
Please email your resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples and a list of 3 professional references to email@example.com with “Corporate Client Services Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.