UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Corporate Client Services Intern will support the Corporate Services team in serving multiple local and international corporate partners. You will help perform critical Vetting Services by implementing UniversalGiving’s proprietary Quality Model™ and corporate client-specific requirements. The intern will help ensure that NGOs seeking corporate support are top-performing, quality organizations. With proven track record, you will be trained in other aspects of Corporate Services and given more responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to work with a very specialized CSR and non-profit vetting team.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life®!
- Draft correspondence for both corporate partners and nonprofits
- Perform due diligence on international and domestic nonprofits
- Familiarize yourself with tax code and legal status pertaining to nonprofits
- Work both independently and as part of a team on multiple client service assignments
- Work against deadlines in a dynamic environment where producing deliverables is expected
- Other duties related to operations and administration
With proven track record
- Special CSR projects as needed on an on-going basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday). Remote work also considered.