Business Unit: Product Development
Reports To: UniversalGiving Board, UniversalGiving Tech Committee and CEO
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. People can volunteer at a community clinic in Uganda or give $25 to help a rural school in Nepal. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
UniversalGiving just celebrated 10 years and 10,000 global volunteers matched with NGOs in more than 60 countries across the world. We are now rebuilding our website with new technologies. Our goal is to have a site that can handle partnerships with major media organizations, such as CBS during times of crisis/natural disaster. When a crisis occurs and is featured on TV, people will give through UniversalGiving. Our site must be robust, have excellent performance and the ability to handle millions of visitors.
We’re looking for a socially conscious and creative person, who is driven to make a change in the world, to join our team. The ideal candidate must be able to understand the website design requirements in detail and be able to design in the most creative way possible (high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces). The candidate must be a proven UI/UX designer with a strong portfolio and a clear sense of purpose as to why they want to join our global team. UI/UX portfolio must show that the candidate can produce scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, visual design redlines and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- Create a robust, attractive, scalable design for the new website
- Create user experience deliverables including: wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, user flows, user scenarios, data diagrams, and clickable prototypes.
- Ensuring that your creative ideas translate to the functional specifications and continue through the entire development process.
- Framing insights around people and behavior through verbal and visual storytelling.
- All designs should be both created with excellence for both website and mobile-website.
- Building Execute visually compelling frameworks that convey complex conceptual relationships and/or actions in simple terms
- The majority of UI should be editable by non-technical people thru a Content Management System (CMS)
- Be obsessed with mastering your craft, nailing the details, and driving impact (Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering)Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5-7+ years of experience designing in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience with fundamental user-centered, usability, and interaction design principles
- Proven experience designing, architecting, and optimizing websites and/or applications, with a strong preference for consumer-facing transaction focused interfaces
- Experience creating and working with responsive designs that function on both mobile and standard displays
- A portfolio featuring examples of visual and interaction design work with a focus on process
- Knowledge and competency relating to consumer research using NPD, attitudinal and persona studies, and marketing mix analytics.
- Experience with competitive analysis, surveys, and market research a plus
- Familiarity with InVision or similar templating product
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Understanding of Human Centered Design or User Centric Design principles and methods
- Experience working on Agile methodology and projects (Agile/Scrum development process)
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based on a mix of experience, analysis, research, and judgment and pushes oneself and others for results; can be counted on to meet goals
- Action Oriented: Takes direction and implements task from management with ease and immediacy.
- Professionalism: is respectful, trusting, has a positive attitude, and excellent execution.
- Listening: attentive, active listener has patience and asks for clarity if needed.
- Process Management: follows UG manuals, figures out process with minimal direction.
- Time Management: uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Drives for Results: pushes oneself and team for results; meets goals.
- Understanding others: understands various points of view; embraces diversity.
Email your resume, cover letter, portfolio link and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead UI/UX Designer” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe your experience in designing web-based marketplaces and your specific role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.