UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Office Manager will be responsible for maintaining the day to day operations of our office. We are seeking an experienced professional who can manage our administrative and financial systems. Our ideal candidate has significant office management or administrative experience. He/she is ready to give back to a smart, efficient, and globally impactful nonprofit. Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Manage day-to-day office operations including maintaining office equipment and supplies
- Sort and distribute mail
- Plan and execute team meetings and special events
- Maintain and update internal policies and procedures manual
- Maintain timely and accurate data in Salesforce
- Other duties related to operations and administration
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Label, copy, scan, file bank statements and other fiscal documents
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on certificates of deposit and other financial matters to the Executive Committee
- Assist with preparation of financial reports as required
- Manage payroll and benefits (possible)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years office management or administrative experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Critical attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines effectively
- Previous experience in or knowledge of basic accounting a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google applications (some training provided)
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc)
- Prior experience with Salesforce is a plus
Duration: Minimum of 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. Ideal candidates are available to work in our San Francisco office 2-3 days/week (Monday through Friday) with the possibility of some work completed remotely. As this is a leadership position, the majority of work should be done in-office.
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek, Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com,Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving has been featured three times on Great Nonprofits’ annual Top Nonprofits lists and is a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House’s Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at theGlobal Ethics Institute. She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
UniversalGiving’s Mission: To connect people to quality giving and volunteer opportunities worldwide.
UniversalGiving’s Vision: “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life”®
“I came to UniversalGiving at a time when I was looking for a way to have more meaning with my work. After years in management consulting, finance, and then home raising two young children, I was ready to give back to the world in a different way. I began as a volunteer in their Returnship program and four years later, am leading Operations. UniversalGiving is a professional environment that has given me meaning, experience in new realms, and flexibility in my work schedule. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing team that is doing great things in the world.”
Senior Manager, Operations
Email your resume, cover letter, two writing samples (two pages max), and three professional references with contact information (phone and email) to email@example.com with “Office Manager” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving® is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
Follow us on social media: