UniversalGiving®, an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a innovative PR Intern. The PR Intern will have a profound impact by spreading the word of UniversalGiving’s work in over 120 countries. You will have the experience to work across many different areas such as Social Entrepreneurship, International Giving, and International Volunteering. If you are passionate about social change and enjoy working with a diverse and collaborative team, we would love to have you!
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The PR Intern will be responsible for a variety of projects including research, outreach, writing, and relationship building. You will help prepare for major conferences and CEO events including setting up speaking engagements and organizing materials. You will gain practical, real-world experience through developing critical media partnerships.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, but also collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Join us as we achieve our vision “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life®!
- Research and outreach to journalists, universities, and celebrities to develop critical media links and partnerships
- Create unique, creative communications to be published on various media platforms
- Prepare for CEO’s speaking engagements, conferences, and events
- Manage social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Maintain important relationships/communications history in Salesforce Database
- Provide administrative support as needed
- With proven success and positive attitude, take on special projects and growing responsibility
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated interest in the field of PR, communications, or marketing
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database (experience with SalesForce a plus)
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).