UniversalGiving® is seeking a hard-working Pro Bono Partnerships Intern to help build long-lasting relationships with organizations which offer pro bono services. You will have a strategic role in further developing the positive impact UniversalGiving, an award-winning global nonprofit, is achieving worldwide. If you are passionate about social change and enjoy working with an international team, come join UniversalGiving!
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Pro Bono Partnerships Intern will engage with UniversalGiving’s current pro bono partnerships and build new partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area. This position is a great opportunity to engage small, medium, and large companies with giving back.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life®!
- Research new pro bono partnerships in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Maintain and further develop positive relationships with current pro bono partners
- Perform due diligence on new companies and organizations to ensure quality partnerships
- Attain free product donations
- Assist in scheduling creative donation events such as “restaurant nights” where a portion of the host’s profits are given to UniversalGiving, free engineers for a day, and more
- Other duties related to pro bono services
With proven track record
- Lead events and facilitate these partnerships
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc.)
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Event planning skills a plus
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- May include engaging with organizations involved in Corporate Social Responsibility
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).