UniversalGiving™, an award-winning global social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization, is looking for a QA/Web Intern to join our exciting team. The QA/Web Intern will support Product Development, working closely with UniversalGiving’s Senior Product Development Manager and coordinating with the Product Development team. The intern is expected to assist in the planning of test procedures, perform rigorous testing of new website features and applications, coordinate with team members to perform additional testing, collect feedback on results, and support numerous ongoing web projects within the Product Development business unit.
UniversalGiving™ internships offer exciting opportunities to those wishing to make a significant impact and contribution to our global communities. Join UniversalGiving and work closely with a dedicated international team, while gaining valuable skills and insight in a social-entrepreneurship nonprofit organization.
- Take a critical role in the deployment cycle and production release of application components and interfaces experienced by hundreds of internet viewers around the world
- Collaborate with our product development team to deliver with quality and efficiency
- Develop, modify, and execute software test plans to ensure exemplary quality of UniversalGiving’s website
- Coordinate with other team members to perform rigorous testing, collect detailed feedback, track bugs, and report findings
- Prepare maintenance documentation
- Work with senior leadership on priority web projects to increase results for the Product Development business unit
- Manage numerous web projects to identify solutions, prioritize efforts, deliver results, document information, and see projects through to completion
- Research and provide astute software/upgrade recommendations
- Understanding of basic software engineering concepts, software testing life cycles, and Agile development
- Familiarity with developer technologies and testing/collaboration tools with experience in any of the following specific areas being a bonus: Apache JMeter, Altassian Jira and Confluence, Selenium, SVN
- Meticulous attention to detail is required
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive, team player able to work adeptly in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for quality assurance and testing of internet websites
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and master new technologies
- Interest in nonprofit work, international issues, philanthropy
- Full support of the mission and vision of UniversalGiving™
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing projects all over the world. Our projects are vetted through a proprietary Quality Model™ to ensure the most effective, trustworthy philanthropy possible. Unique to UniversalGiving, we take no cut on donations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the cause.
UniversalGiving Corporate consults with Fortune 500 companies on the strategy, operations and NGO Vetting for their international giving and volunteering programs all over the world. Some clients include Cisco, Symantec, Fluor, Sabre, MTV.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, UniversalGiving has been profiled on CBS and in FOX Business Network, and has also been featured in BusinessWeek Fast Company, CSRWire, WomenEntrepreneur, Oprah.com, NBC News, The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times, The Financial Times, MarketWatch, CNNMoney.com, Change.org and See Change Magazine. UniversalGiving has been voted as one the top nonprofits on Great Nonprofits in 2012, and was a Webby Award Honoree.
CEO Pamela Hawley is a winner of the Jefferson Award (the Nobel Prize in Community Service) and was selected as one of 50 leaders to the White House’s Next Generation Leadership and Social Innovation event. She is a Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a Colburn S. Wilbur Leadership Fellow at the Global Ethics Institute. She is a Fast Company Expert Blogger on CSR.
UniversalGiving’s Mission: We Connect People to Top Performing Opportunities Worldwide.
UniversalGiving’s Vision: “To Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life.”
“The Product Development team at UniversalGiving is a smart, effective, and responsive group of people. Team members constantly offer each other feedback and support. You never feel that your work is being taken for granted. I feel very lucky to be a part of the PD team!”
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).
We value our interns and volunteers and take these positions very seriously. For this reason, we ask for a $200 fully refundable retainer to secure your position. This check pays for the your seat in our coworking space, professional training and management guidance that you will receive. Because our interns are such an integral part of UniversalGiving, we implemented this policy several years ago to ensure the accountability of all team members. We return your full deposit on the last day of your internship. Please do not hesitate to contact us with further questions!
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “QA/Web Intern ” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.
UniversalGiving’s vision is to “Create a World Where Giving and Volunteering Are a Natural Part of Everyday Life.”™
For more information please visit: