UniversalGiving®, an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a committed, driven Salesforce Administrator Intern to join our team. The Intern will work with us to ensure data quality standards and help us implement best Salesforce practices. If you are passionate about social change and enjoy working with an international team, come join UniversalGiving!
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Salesforce Administrator Intern will work with a team to ensure data integrity at UniversalGiving. This includes data import, merging, database de-duplication and cleanup procedures. The Intern will support our Salesforce operations and update the Salesforce Manual. With proven track record, the Intern will coach team members across all business units with a “Weekly Salesforce Tip” to consistently and properly handle the data. You may also be trained in other aspects of Salesforce administration and given more responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to attain practical, real-world experience administrating the Salesforce.com platform.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life®!
- Monitor data quality and enforce data entry standards
- Assist with data imports and data merging processes
- Maintain data integrity through data cleansing and deduplication
- Educate users with proactive Salesforce best practices, including sending Weekly Salesforce Tip and keeping Salesforce Manual up-to-date
- Generate newsletters on a regular basis
- Own the system: consistently look for opportunities to improve efficiency
- Collaborate with business units to identify Salesforce.com system improvements
- Other Salesforce tasks as needed
With proven track record:
- Other aspects of Salesforce administration
- Experience with Salesforce administration or Salesforce user experience
- General knowledge of Database Management and CRM systems
- Expertise in syncing mobile devices a plus
- Computer skills, MS Word, Excel
- Ability to add fields and ID statuses in a well-organized manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to self-direct work and manage independent deadlines
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
- Network with other nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).