UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The SAVE THE CEO! Volunteer will support the CEO on day-to-day tasks to help save time and provide valuable insight through research. These tasks include scheduling meetings, handling travel details and preparing materials for meetings. With proven track record, you may be asked to assist with donor mailing projects.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life®!
- Answer, prioritize and screen incoming phone calls and voicemail messages
- Manage the CEO’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, calls, and conferences
- Travel scheduling and booking for the CEO
- Prepare material and taking notes for meetings
- Maintain confidential relationships: enter and edit data in Salesforce, our Customer Relationship Database
- Write and post regularly on social media channels
- Create and edit new content for CEO’s blog
- Maintain office supplies inventory and order supplies as needed
- Other duties related to operations and administration
With proven track record
- Research and outreach to new prospective partners
- Special projects as needed on an on-going basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong basic working knowledge of in-office technologies (printer, copier, fax, etc)
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).