UniversalGiving®, an award-winning global nonprofit, is seeking a creative and dedicated Snapchat Specialist Intern. Come lead this effort to test new strategies and excel in Snapchat by managing UniversalGiving’s and our CEO’s Snapchat and other social media accounts. Interns will have a profound impact by helping us spread the word about international giving and volunteering. Let’s have fun and do good in the world!
UniversalGiving® is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. Unique to UniversalGiving, 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of BusinessWeek, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
The Snapchat Specialist Intern will be responsible for assisting our Communications and Marketing efforts through key social media networks: Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram. The intern will research, plan and execute strategy with the goal of building community awareness and engagement around UniversalGiving’s brand, mission, and services. This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates interested in gaining marketable skills, while gaining industry exposure.
As a UniversalGiving intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse, passionate team representing over 25 cultures. Our work environment is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, yet collaborative and fun, including monthly potlucks and team events. Come work with us to achieve our vision “To Create A World Where Giving and Volunteering Are A Natural Part of Everyday Life®!
- Build community interest and momentum through Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media channels by posting updates, engaging conversations and discussions, and increasing the number of followers
- Update UniversalGiving’s established competitive matrix of for-profit and nonprofit best practices
- Monitor, track and share insights into community audiences and online conversations
- Participate in building compelling social media campaigns
- Draft content for online communications including newsletters and blog posts
- Research the social media landscape for successful approaches to social media
- Explore new online and social media tools and implement best practices
- Edit and produce video content to share across our social platforms
- Excellent writing, editing, and video production skills (iMovie is okay)
- Ability to lead team
- Ability to form inspiring, traffic-driving message and creative visuals
- Ability to show through advertising how to drive results
- Ability to think strategically about social media campaigns and a determination to make an impact on community engagement
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Experience with SEO including basic understanding of Google Analytics a plus
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to using and updating Salesforce, our Relationship Database
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Team player, but also has the ability to work independently
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact
- Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit industry
- Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
- Collaborate with a positive and innovative team
- Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment
- Career mentoring with Pamela Hawley, Founder & CEO of UniversalGiving
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Duration: Minimum 15-20 hours per week required for the duration of the internship, at least a minimum of 3 to 4 months. Ideal candidates are available to work out of our San Francisco office 3-4 days/week (Monday through Friday).