About the role:
We’re looking for our first-ever marketing hire to join our 6-person team! In this role, you’ll work closely with UPchieve’s founder and Executive Director to build and execute on UPchieve’s marketing strategy from the ground up. We’re growing fast, and we need your help to keep it up! Most importantly, if you succeed, you’ll ensure that thousands of low-income students who need our free services are able to find them online.
This might be the right job for you if…
- You’re super excited by the idea of working at an early stage edtech nonprofit (one of only two edtech nonprofits to have ever been backed by Y Combinator!)
- You like to build things from the ground up, including content, operational systems, analytics, ad campaigns, and more as part of a broader strategy
- You’re not intimidated by having to find all the answers yourself
- You want to have ownership of anything and everything related to our user acquisition strategy and brand
- You’re willing and capable of being a one-person marketing team—including writing email campaigns, social media posts, and blog posts yourself—until we’re able to grow the team
What you’ll do at UPchieve:
- Drive improvements at all steps of UPchieve’s user acquisition and retention funnel
- Run daily or weekly experiments to test changes and try out new marketing strategies
- Collaborate with the tech team to measure and analyze the success of your experiments
- Write content/copy for our website, email campaigns, social media, blog, etc.
- (Over 1-2 years) Hire for and lead a small marketing team
We’re looking for someone who…
- Has 4+ years of broad marketing experience (ideally with exposure to SEO, content marketing, community marketing, and more)
- Feels comfortable measuring the success of their experiments via analytics
- Has a bias towards action and is highly resourceful
- Is a strong writer capable of appealing to our high school student population
- (Bonus) Has been the first marketing hire at a startup before
Additional application materials:
- Anything you think we should see (e.g., your personal website, blog posts you’ve writen, social media campaigns you ran, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com (and make sure to tell us what role you’re applying for!):
Some form of employment history (e.g., resume, LinkedIn profile, AngelList profile, etc.)
One paragraph (max 6 sentences) in the body of your email on what most excited you about this job. Why are you applying?
Any role-specific application materials requested above
A NOTE ON SALARIES
We strongly believe that nonprofit professionals deserve to be paid the same as their for-profit peers, and our eventual goal is to pay a competitive market rate for all roles. Given our small size, we have a cap on salaries of $100K in 2021. We plan to raise our salary cap as we scale and impact the lives of more low-income students across the country.