Video Volunteers is a media and human rights NGO that is growing and changing the media and social-change space in India. We are an international community media organization that equips women and men in underdeveloped areas with video journalism skills, enabling entire communities to expose underreported stories from their communities and take action to right the wrongs of poverty, injustice and inequality. In our main program very marginalized communities produce video stories on human rights issues, to show to local officials of the area and to the rest of the world via the Internet.
The role of the Program coordinator is to help ensure that we are working at our maximum efficiency and to assist in smooth functioning of VV state offices and funded projects. She/he will work closely with the State Managers and community correspondents to track and monitor performance. She/he will also be responsible for periodic funder reports and VV’s internal operations related reports.
- Mentor community correspondents on all aspects of conceptualization, production and dissemination of videos/information. Achieve a minimal technical understanding of video production, and a full understanding of the video production process so as to be able to advise CC’s on their videos.
- Manage special projects when required. These include mentoring community correspondents, coordinating video production and postproduction, coordinating publishing and completing all reporting formats.
- Conduct trainings of Community Correspondents and others as and when required.
- Manage program MIS: Maintain all documentation related to production of stories, tracking impact and all other data pertaining to our community correspondents.
- Research on key issues that we work on.
- Document CC interactions to ensure we remain a learning organization.
- Conceptualizing, rolling out and mentoring special projects when needed.
- Be responsible for smooth functioning of State CC’s.
- Create the state monthly plans for each state. This will be done by collecting and collating plans of each strategic area.
- Ensure that the components of the state plan are followed through and all concerns are escalated to the Manager State Offices
- Coordinate state advocacy efforts in collaboration with Goa based Advocacy Managers when needed
- Coordinate state communications and PR efforts in collaboration with Goa based Communications Manager when needed
- Coordinate state recruitment and expansion efforts when needed
- Be in regular touch with state coordinators and other state staff to check progress against the plan.
- Be one of the chief troubleshooters for all state related matters.
- Give inputs and insights in meetings and strategic discussions.
- Conduct trainings’ of state staff when required
- Write debriefs, minutes, reports and other MIS related records. Assist in writing fundraising proposals when required.
- Write articles and blogs when required
- Coordinate workshops, conferences and meetings for recruitment, training, partnership and funding related work
- Work on setting up state media collaborations
- 1 to 4 years of experience in the development sector or in the private sector managing complex operations
- Oriya and Bengali speaking preferred.
- Mature, respectful and calm demeanor
- Excellent writing skills
- Process orientation
- Understanding of issue related to Human Rights
- Ability to multitask and keep track of various deliverables and projects
- Knowledge of Excel, PPT and other office suite. Advance knowledge of Excel desirable.
- Languages- English, Oriya, Bengali and Hindi
In accordance with our staff diversity standards, preference will be given to women candidates. Candidates from marginalized backgrounds such as Dalit (Scheduled Castes) and Adivasi (Scheduled Tribes) are especially encouraged to apply.
This position is based at our head office in Goa and involves occasional travel