The Wikimedia Foundation’s online fundraising team is responsible for raising a significant portion of the foundation’s annual budget. We serve millions of banner impressions per year to readers of Wikipedia and send millions of fundraising emails to our worldwide donor base.
Our team is seeking an experienced QA Specialist to ensure the quality and functionality of our complex donor pipeline. The right candidate will have experience with responsive design for web and email, browser testing, performance testing and the documentation of issues – as well as the ability to write code to implement solutions. This role will work closely with our senior managers, lead production manager, and program manager to maintain our code bases and ensure that we are delivering the highest quality donation experience to our millions of donors.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, methodical processes for troubleshooting, and the skillset to implement code efficiencies and become a co-owner of our code base.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Experience with front-end and back-end testing to evaluate functionality, consistency, accessibility and performance
- Proficiency using test automation tools like Selenium, Cypress, Zephyr, etc.
- Ability to communicate QA test findings to stakeholders and explain complex tests
- Familiarity with web standards including accessibility, usability and responsive design
- Thrives in a fast paced, remote environment that emphasizes collaboration
- Problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Willing to travel occasionally – sometimes internationally – for team and organizational meetings
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Log issues and track open bugs
- Document, identify, and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Conduct QA on fundraising banners, emails, and support pages
- Refactor code as needed
- Execute tests and analyze and share results
- Work with the team to increase the quality of work through design, development, and testing process improvements
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience with translations and QAing multilingual content
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS for email and experience with an enterprise ESP
- Working knowledge of SQL
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply