About this Position
Worldreader is seeking an experienced leader and educational professional to serve as our Regional Programme Manager, West Africa. Based in our Accra, Ghana offices, s/he works in collaboration with in-country and global Worldreader staff to implement, monitor, and evaluate all Worldreader programmes across W.Africa.
The Regional Programme Manager reports to the Director, West Africa. The regional team includes programme, global logistics, and s/he is also part of the global programme team that includes East Africa and India programme staff, and global programme leadership in Spain and the USA.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced, global organisation, and has a desire to help create a world where everyone is a reader.
- Lead all programme implementation across W.Africa (may include staff supervision, coaching, and mentoring).
- Work with the global team to improve, develop, and expand Worldreader programmes.
- Administer programme and project budgets across multiple geographies.
- Steward and support partners across W.Africa to implement and operationalise Worldreader programmes.
- Collaborate with the impact & evaluation team to implement frameworks, and collect pertinent data and information with and from partners.
- Partner with operations and other global staff to mobilize programmatic resources.
- Regional travel up to 40%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven success leading educational programme implementation in W.African countries.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and sustaining partnerships.
- Strong customer service skills, which include sense of urgency, ability to complete duties quickly and efficiently, impeccable attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated history of strong leadership and project management skills.
- Experience working for a global nonprofit or organisation.
- Advanced proficiency in English; verbal and written.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor degree or higher in education, international development, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM.
Compensation and benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer our staff:
- professional development and training,
- opportunities to travel internationally,
- flexible schedules to accommodate for our international presence, and
- the opportunity to work with talented and passionate people committed to a world where everyone is a reader.