Zearn is looking for talented and charismatic teachers to be on-screen leading Zearn Math’s video lessons. This is your chance to become one of the faces of Zearn, and to engage and inspire kids across the country. The time commitment is just 5 to 15 days a year, can work around your teaching schedule, and you don’t need any prior on-camera experience.
If you are passionate about inspiring kids, excited to bring them joyful AND rigorous instruction, comfortable teaching math, and can film in New York City, we want to hear from you!
Zearn offers a competitive compensation, as well as the chance to positively impact the lives of millions of children. However, we are not able to cover travel costs.
Zearn is accepting submissions on an ongoing basis. Follow the instructions below to apply:
- Create a one-minute video of yourself as though you were speaking to a small group of 6th graders. You can use your phone or webcam. In the video
- Introduce yourself
- Tell ‘your students’ three facts about yourself
- Tell ‘your students’ why you like math
- Upload your video to YouTube. Use the ‘unlisted’ setting, which allows anyone with the link to view the clip, but ensures your video isn’t searchable to the public
- Write a short bio telling us why you became a teacher and a high-level summary of your background as an educator