Program AreaPoverty Alleviation & Economic Development, Public Service & Civic Engagement, Education, Human Rights
Location of ImpactGlobal
Headquarters LocationSavannah, Georgia, United States
Product PlatformsWeb, Mobile Apps
Budget$0 to $500,000
Founder DemographicsRacial or Ethnicity Minority
IVolunteer International is a 501(c)3 tech-nonprofit (EIN: 82-0931979) and was established in 2017 with the vision of creating 7 billion volunteers. In a nutshell, IVolunteer International is a volunteer advocacy organization. The organization operates to (1) raise awareness about volunteerism, (2) train local volunteers, (3) and build software to make volunteering fun, easy, and equitable.
We operate on the data-driven, factually supported, fundamental belief that when more people volunteer in their local communities everyday, it contributes to increase social unity, develop understanding, empower minorities, increase political participation and community engagement, build resilience, and increase overall quality of life.
- Vision: To create 7 billion volunteers.
- Mission: To create a culture of global contribution through volunteerism by inspiring and empowering individuals to volunteer for causes they care about.
Brief History of the Organization
Since 2017, IVolunteer International has developed and maintained a variety of programs to inspire and empower volunteers. As a tech-nonprofit, we have exploited on the strategic technology advantage to reach a large audience. Below are some accomplishments to-date:
- Connected 6,000+ volunteers and supported 100+ projects ranging from immediate need (such as disaster response, donation drives, voter mobilization, misinformation campaigns, health promotion) to long-term impact (such as education, environment, peace, etc.).
- TEDx Savannah Speaker (Executive Director) in 2017.
- Platinum Seal of Transparency from Guidestar in 2018 and 2019
- Platinum Seal of Transparency from Guidestar in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Top-Rated Nonprofit Award from Greatnonprofits in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Finalists at World Trade Center Association Peace Through Trade competition 2019, 2020.
- Member of FastForward, world’s largest tech-nonprofit incubator.
- Winner of the University of Georgia Kickstarter Fund in 2020.
- Civil Society Associated with the U.N. Department of Global Communications since 2020.
- Winner of University of Georgia College of Journalism “Giving Voice to Voiceless” grant 2021.
Below are some more metrics of our successes;
- 12 global strategic alliances formed to further the volunteerism agenda.
- 200,000+ people exposed to volunteerism through our projects.
- 180,000+ overall social media engagements.
- $300,000+ estimated multiplicative economic impact contributed worldwide.